- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology, 1986. California School of Professional Psychology, San Diego, California.
- M.A. Clinical Psychology, 1983. California School of Professional Psychology, San Diego, California.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Virginia
- American Psychological Association
- Virginia Psychological Association
- Virginia Academy of Clinical Psychology
- Tidewater Academy of Clinical Psychology
Norfolk Psychiatric Center/First Hospital Corporation, Norfolk, Virginia. Consulting member, medical staff.
- Editorial Board, Journal of Attention Disorders, Sage Publications
- CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder) National Board Member; Chair of National Public Policy Committee.
- CHADD International Conference Program Committee, Mental Health Track Chair and Facilitator of Mental Health Professional Networking Sessions
- Disabilities Advisory Committee, Tidewater Community College
- Disaster Mental Health Services, Chairperson, American Red Cross, Coastal Virginia Region
- Virginia State Coordinator, Disaster Response Network, American Psychological Association
October 1988 to Present. Private practice in clinical psychology. Evaluation and treatment of Attention Deficit Disorders in children., adolescents., and adults. Individual and family therapy. Learning disability evaluations. School consultations. Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
October 1986 to October 1988. Wabash Valley Hospital Mental Health Center, West Lafayette, Indiana. Staff psychologist on child and adolescent service. Member, Emergency Services Team.
June 1985 to June 1986. Southwood Psychiatric Center, Chula Vista, California. Psychology intern at this acute care psychiatric facility. Psychological evaluations, group and family therapy, supervision of nursing staff.
September 1984 to September 1985. San Diego County Mental Health Services, San Diego, California. Psychology intern on this adolescent inpatient service and adult outpatient clinic.
September 1983 to September 1984. San Marcos Unified School District, San Marcos, California. Psychology intern. Psycho-educational evaluations, therapy, and teacher consultations.
Journal of Attention Disorders, Clinical Commentary:
The Case of Sally; Jeffrey S. Katz and Thomas E. Brown, May 2007, vol
10, 4: pp. 421-422
Monthly columnist, Tidewater Parent Magazine, 1991 – 2001